• 1 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 Pound Roaster Chicken
• 1 stalk celery
• 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 tbsp. butter or margarine softened, divided
• 1 onion quartered
1. Preheat oven to 475 F. Slice celery. Sprinkle inside cavity of chicken with thyme and salt; add 1 teaspoon butter, sliced celery and onion. Rub outside of chicken with remaining butter. 2. Tuck wing tips under back of chicken. Place chicken breast side-down on rack in roasting pan. 3. Add enough water to cover bottom of pan. Roast for 10 minutes. Reduce temperature to 375 F. Roast for 20 minutes longer. 4. Turn chicken breast-side up. Roast until chicken is browned, about 30 minutes longer. Until juices run clear. Serves 4.
~ 2 Slabs Baby Back Spare Ribs (About 6LB.)
~ 1 1/2 Cups Prepared Barbecue Sauce
~ 1/2 Cup Jalapeno Jelly Or Hot Pepper Jelly
~ 1/4 Cup Cider Vinegar
~ 2 Tbsp. Seeded And Chopped Jalapeno Peppers
~ 2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
(1) To make sauce: In 1-quart saucepan, combine barbecue sauce, jelly, vinegar, peppers and garlic. Over medium heat, heat until jelly melts, stirring often. (2) In covered grill, arrange preheated coals around drip pan; test for medium heat above pan. (3) On grill rack, place ribs, fat side up, over pan but not over coals. Grill, covered, 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until well-done. Adjust vents and add more charcoal as necessary. Turn and brush often with sauce during the last 30 minutes. Makes 6 servings. After cooking may be cut into riblets as hors d’oeuvres.
To roast: Place ribs, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan. Roast, uncovered, at 350 degrees F. 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until well-done. Turn and brush oftenwith sauce during the last 30 minutes.
~ 4 Pork Rib Chops, Each Cut 1.5” Thick
~ 1 Tbs. Butter Or Margarine
~ 2 Cups Thinly Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
~ 2 Tbs. Chopped Fresh Parsley
~ 1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot
~ 1/3 Cup Sliced Green Onion
~ 1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
~ 1/4 Tsp. Rubbed Sage
~ Dash Pepper
~ 1 Tbs. Vegetable Oil
~ 1/2 Tsp. Dried Thyme Leaves, Crushed
~ 1/2 Cup Your Favorite Prepared Barbecue Sauce
To make filling: In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot butter, cook mushrooms until tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in carrot, onion, parsley, juice, sage and pepper. Make a pocket in each chop by cutting horizontally from fat side to bone. Fill each chop with 1/4 c. of the filling, pressing firmly into opening. Secure with toothpicks. Brush chops with oil. Rub thyme over chops. On grill rack, place chops directly above medium coals. Grill, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes or until well-done, turning and brushing often with barbecue sauce during the last 20 minutes. Arrange chops on rack in broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat 25 to 30 minutes or until well-done, turning and brushing often with barbecue sauce during the last 10 minutes.
• 1 Lb. tuna, cut into 12 chunks
• 1/3 c. light Italian salad dressing
• 1/3 c. teriyaki sauce
• 12 canadian bacon slices
~ 1 Whole Tilapia, Dressed
~ 1/4 Tsp. Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
~ 2 Scallions, Cut Into Strips The Fiinestt Qualiitty
~ 2” Piece Fresh Ginger, Cut Into Strips
~ 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
~ 1 Tbsp. Light Soy Sauce
(1) Tear off a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil, large enough to wrap around the tilapia. Center fish in middle of foil. (2) Sprinkle body cavity with lemon-pepper seasoning. (3) Lay scallions, ginger and garlic in body cavity. (4) Pour soy sauce over body cavity. Bring up foil sides. Loosely seal ends and top, leaving extra room inside for good heat circulation. (5) Grill for approximately 14 to 18 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165˚ F. Calculations per serving: 108 calories; 1 gm total fat; 9 gm saturated fat; 57 mg cholesterol; 217 mg sodium.